Polyplus-transfection SA, a developer of innovative solutions for the delivery of nucleic acids in research, bioproduction and therapeutics, has introduced jetOPTIMUS, a new reagent for powerful nanoparticle DNA transfection.
“As cell and gene therapies become more advanced and complex, this increases the need to address DNA transfection of very challenging cells. To increase efficiency in hard-to-transfect cells, scientists have to use ever-more advanced reagents,” said Patrick Erbacher, the company’s CSO. “We recognised the need to combine the efficiency, safety and morphology requirements of mammalian cell transfection. To date, the market has not supplied what is expected today to fulfil all needs. Polyplus-transfection believes jetOPTIMUS will equip academics in the most advanced cell and gene therapy based research with the best solution.”
The reagent has been designed to be primarily used in academic research in the field of mammalian cells, especially hard-to-transfect cells. Polyplus-transfection says the reagent will result in the most efficient mammalian cell transfection product on the market, maximising gene expression, thus ensuring improved cell viability and morphology after transfection for more relevant data, and that the requirement of a minimal reagent volume and DNA quantity will considerably increase cost efficiency: the cost per reaction will be decreased by up to seven times when compared to other market leading products, the company claims.
For further information about Polyplus-transfection visit www.polyplus-transfection.com
Latest from Tom Mulligan
- Ingenza’s Ian Fotheringham to present the Charles Tennant Memorial Lecture
- Leading cell culture media company changes name to FUJIFILM Irvine Scientific, Inc
- Evonetix establishes scientific advisory board
- Avacta and LG Chem Life Sciences in multi-target Affimer therapeutics development alliance
- Horizon Discovery Group and C4X Discovery Holdings in exclusive next-generation oncology drugs partnership
- Polyplus-transfection further expands transfection reagent portfolio for cell and gene therapy GMP production
- Simplifying high content screening with the VIAFLO 96
- Avacta appoints Dr Jose Saro as Chief Medical Officer
- Concept Life Sciences forms Scientific Advisory Board
- Sangamo finalises TxCell acquisition