Nucleic acid sample preparation solution provider Arcis Biotechnology has signed a technology access agreement with New York Stock Exchange listed Teleflex Incorporated enabling Teleflex to use Arcis’ advanced nucleic acid sample preparation chemistry in the development of a novel clinical technology.
Arcis’ product portfolio offers the possibility of earlier, more accurate diagnostics testing from a variety of sample types using its rapid, two-step nucleic acid extraction and preservation technology. The company has an extensive patent portfolio covering DNA and RNA extraction and preservation for downstream processing by qPCR, RT-qPCR and rapid sequencing. The speed, simplicity and low-resource requirements of the platform provide a suitable solution for point-of-care, microfluidics or field-based testing in support of the two companies’ efforts to improve diagnostic testing and benefit patients and health care professionals.
Latest from Tom Mulligan
- SGS’s first malaria human challenge trial will take place in Belgium this month
- TC BioPharm creates allogeneic cell banks for CAR-T cancer therapy products
- Horizon Discovery extends CRISPR Screening Service to primary human T cells
- TrakCel and The Quick Life Science Group partner on supply chain IT solution for cell and gene therapies
- Almac Group extends personalised cancer vaccine production facilities
- Cobra Biologics appoints Dr Darrell Sleep as Director of Innovation
- Phico Therapeutics appoints financial director and two non-executive directors
- Evonetix appoints Stephanie Brooking as Head of Product Management
- Bio-Rad publishes new findings on generation and characterisation of drug-target-complex-specific antibodies
- Expedeon licenses Lightning-Link rapid biotinylation technology to Cell Guidance Systems