Nucleic acid sample preparation solution provider Arcis Biotechnology has signed a technology access agreement with New York Stock Exchange listed Teleflex Incorporated enabling Teleflex to use Arcis’ advanced nucleic acid sample preparation chemistry in the development of a novel clinical technology.
Arcis’ product portfolio offers the possibility of earlier, more accurate diagnostics testing from a variety of sample types using its rapid, two-step nucleic acid extraction and preservation technology. The company has an extensive patent portfolio covering DNA and RNA extraction and preservation for downstream processing by qPCR, RT-qPCR and rapid sequencing. The speed, simplicity and low-resource requirements of the platform provide a suitable solution for point-of-care, microfluidics or field-based testing in support of the two companies’ efforts to improve diagnostic testing and benefit patients and health care professionals.
Latest from Tom Mulligan
- Concept Life Sciences forms Scientific Advisory Board
- Sangamo finalises TxCell acquisition
- Polyplus-transfection introduces new nanoparticle DNA transfection reagent
- The 6th SGS Biopharma Day Seminar: a new early-phase clinical trials paradigm
- Blacktrace expands its presence in Japan with new office in Kanagawa
- MaSTherCell doubles production capacity
- Absolute Antibody expands production facilities
- Optibrium and University of Nottingham collaborate on innovative teaching programme
- Diamond Pharma Services wins both Futures and Support categories at TOPRA Awards
- Droplet microfluidics offers new approach for studying plant cell biomechanics