Nucleic acid sample preparation solution provider Arcis Biotechnology has signed a technology access agreement with New York Stock Exchange listed Teleflex Incorporated enabling Teleflex to use Arcis’ advanced nucleic acid sample preparation chemistry in the development of a novel clinical technology.
Arcis’ product portfolio offers the possibility of earlier, more accurate diagnostics testing from a variety of sample types using its rapid, two-step nucleic acid extraction and preservation technology. The company has an extensive patent portfolio covering DNA and RNA extraction and preservation for downstream processing by qPCR, RT-qPCR and rapid sequencing. The speed, simplicity and low-resource requirements of the platform provide a suitable solution for point-of-care, microfluidics or field-based testing in support of the two companies’ efforts to improve diagnostic testing and benefit patients and health care professionals.
Latest from Tom Mulligan
- EVENT PREVIEW: CPhI North America opens next week!
- NEW BUSINESS: SK biotek and AMPAC Fine Chemicals have ambitious CDMO plans
- NEW TECHNOLOGY: Polyplus-transfection develops GMP-grade therapeutic virus reagent
- Mogrify raises $3.7 million seed funding to support direct cellular conversion for cell therapy
- Owlstone Medical partners with Shanghai Renji Hospital to pioneer Breath Biopsy lung cancer trial
- Chemspace and LabNetwork collaborate to extend access to chemical databases
- TECHNOLOGY UPDATE: Catalent invests over $27 million to commercialise next-generation ODT Zydis Ultra
- SGS reports successful Phase 2 results for novel influenza vaccine, validating its H3N2 A/Belgium challenge agent
- NEW TECHNOLOGY: Horizon Discovery and Rutgers University develop new gene editing approach: ‘base editing’
- EVENT REVIEW: Busy sessions at BIO-Europe Spring!