Expedeon AG has signed a three-year supply agreement for its colloidal gold with Malaysia-based Reszon Diagnostics International Sdn. Bhd, part of Revongen Corporation and a developer and manufacturer of innovative in-vitro diagnostics (IVD) rapid test kits and of ELISA kits. Reszon’s operations cover Asia, the Middle East, sub-Saharan Africa and the USA.
Expedeon will supply Reszon with its proprietary colloidal gold, an aqueous suspension of spherical metallic nanoparticles that provide high-efficiency antibody binding for maximum sensitivity. Reszon will use the gold nanoparticles in the manufacture of its diagnostic lateral flow assays (LFAs). The company will also be testing Expedeon’s InnovaCoat® GOLD nanoparticles to increase the sensitivity of LFAs that are already on the market. InnovaCoat® GOLD nanoparticles have a proprietary surface coating that covalently binds antibodies or proteins to form highly stable conjugates. The technology is fully scalable and is subject to stringent QC testing to ensure consistent high quality and excellent batch-to-batch reproducibility.
Latest from Tom Mulligan
- Concept Life Sciences forms Scientific Advisory Board
- Sangamo finalises TxCell acquisition
- Polyplus-transfection introduces new nanoparticle DNA transfection reagent
- The 6th SGS Biopharma Day Seminar: a new early-phase clinical trials paradigm
- Blacktrace expands its presence in Japan with new office in Kanagawa
- MaSTherCell doubles production capacity
- Absolute Antibody expands production facilities
- Optibrium and University of Nottingham collaborate on innovative teaching programme
- Diamond Pharma Services wins both Futures and Support categories at TOPRA Awards
- Droplet microfluidics offers new approach for studying plant cell biomechanics