Expedeon AG has signed a three-year supply agreement for its colloidal gold with Malaysia-based Reszon Diagnostics International Sdn. Bhd, part of Revongen Corporation and a developer and manufacturer of innovative in-vitro diagnostics (IVD) rapid test kits and of ELISA kits. Reszon’s operations cover Asia, the Middle East, sub-Saharan Africa and the USA.
Expedeon will supply Reszon with its proprietary colloidal gold, an aqueous suspension of spherical metallic nanoparticles that provide high-efficiency antibody binding for maximum sensitivity. Reszon will use the gold nanoparticles in the manufacture of its diagnostic lateral flow assays (LFAs). The company will also be testing Expedeon’s InnovaCoat® GOLD nanoparticles to increase the sensitivity of LFAs that are already on the market. InnovaCoat® GOLD nanoparticles have a proprietary surface coating that covalently binds antibodies or proteins to form highly stable conjugates. The technology is fully scalable and is subject to stringent QC testing to ensure consistent high quality and excellent batch-to-batch reproducibility.
Latest from Tom Mulligan
- SGS’s first malaria human challenge trial will take place in Belgium this month
- TC BioPharm creates allogeneic cell banks for CAR-T cancer therapy products
- Horizon Discovery extends CRISPR Screening Service to primary human T cells
- TrakCel and The Quick Life Science Group partner on supply chain IT solution for cell and gene therapies
- Almac Group extends personalised cancer vaccine production facilities
- Cobra Biologics appoints Dr Darrell Sleep as Director of Innovation
- Phico Therapeutics appoints financial director and two non-executive directors
- Evonetix appoints Stephanie Brooking as Head of Product Management
- Bio-Rad publishes new findings on generation and characterisation of drug-target-complex-specific antibodies
- Expedeon licenses Lightning-Link rapid biotinylation technology to Cell Guidance Systems