Expedeon AG has signed a three-year supply agreement for its colloidal gold with Malaysia-based Reszon Diagnostics International Sdn. Bhd, part of Revongen Corporation and a developer and manufacturer of innovative in-vitro diagnostics (IVD) rapid test kits and of ELISA kits. Reszon’s operations cover Asia, the Middle East, sub-Saharan Africa and the USA.
Expedeon will supply Reszon with its proprietary colloidal gold, an aqueous suspension of spherical metallic nanoparticles that provide high-efficiency antibody binding for maximum sensitivity. Reszon will use the gold nanoparticles in the manufacture of its diagnostic lateral flow assays (LFAs). The company will also be testing Expedeon’s InnovaCoat® GOLD nanoparticles to increase the sensitivity of LFAs that are already on the market. InnovaCoat® GOLD nanoparticles have a proprietary surface coating that covalently binds antibodies or proteins to form highly stable conjugates. The technology is fully scalable and is subject to stringent QC testing to ensure consistent high quality and excellent batch-to-batch reproducibility.
Latest from Tom Mulligan
- EVENT PREVIEW: CPhI North America opens next week!
- NEW BUSINESS: SK biotek and AMPAC Fine Chemicals have ambitious CDMO plans
- NEW TECHNOLOGY: Polyplus-transfection develops GMP-grade therapeutic virus reagent
- Mogrify raises $3.7 million seed funding to support direct cellular conversion for cell therapy
- Owlstone Medical partners with Shanghai Renji Hospital to pioneer Breath Biopsy lung cancer trial
- Chemspace and LabNetwork collaborate to extend access to chemical databases
- TECHNOLOGY UPDATE: Catalent invests over $27 million to commercialise next-generation ODT Zydis Ultra
- SGS reports successful Phase 2 results for novel influenza vaccine, validating its H3N2 A/Belgium challenge agent
- NEW TECHNOLOGY: Horizon Discovery and Rutgers University develop new gene editing approach: ‘base editing’
- EVENT REVIEW: Busy sessions at BIO-Europe Spring!