Cell therapy-dedicated CDMO MaSTherCell SA has opened a new 600 sq m production wing at its site in Belgium. The expansion of the plant will provide the company with five additional state-of-the-art late-stage and commercially-ready cleanrooms. The new wing has been designed with an ‘agility-by-design’ approach, allowing MaSTherCell’s clients adaptable clinical vs commercial segregation and cleanroom surface optimisation for both isolation of certain parts of the facility and doubling of cleanroom size on demand.
Each cleanroom of the new production wing is 30 sq m in area, with an independent HVAC system to ensure full autonomy and independent maintenance management. The new wing also adds further capabilities including two development laboratories, one quality control laboratory and additional warehousing.
For further information about MaSTherCell visit www.masthercell.com
Latest from Tom Mulligan
- Concept Life Sciences forms Scientific Advisory Board
- Sangamo finalises TxCell acquisition
- Polyplus-transfection introduces new nanoparticle DNA transfection reagent
- The 6th SGS Biopharma Day Seminar: a new early-phase clinical trials paradigm
- Blacktrace expands its presence in Japan with new office in Kanagawa
- Absolute Antibody expands production facilities
- Optibrium and University of Nottingham collaborate on innovative teaching programme
- Diamond Pharma Services wins both Futures and Support categories at TOPRA Awards
- Droplet microfluidics offers new approach for studying plant cell biomechanics
- Catalent to open second clinical supply facility in China