Cell therapy-dedicated CDMO MaSTherCell SA has opened a new 600 sq m production wing at its site in Belgium. The expansion of the plant will provide the company with five additional state-of-the-art late-stage and commercially-ready cleanrooms. The new wing has been designed with an ‘agility-by-design’ approach, allowing MaSTherCell’s clients adaptable clinical vs commercial segregation and cleanroom surface optimisation for both isolation of certain parts of the facility and doubling of cleanroom size on demand.
Each cleanroom of the new production wing is 30 sq m in area, with an independent HVAC system to ensure full autonomy and independent maintenance management. The new wing also adds further capabilities including two development laboratories, one quality control laboratory and additional warehousing.
For further information about MaSTherCell visit www.masthercell.com
Latest from Tom Mulligan
- SGS’s first malaria human challenge trial will take place in Belgium this month
- TC BioPharm creates allogeneic cell banks for CAR-T cancer therapy products
- Horizon Discovery extends CRISPR Screening Service to primary human T cells
- TrakCel and The Quick Life Science Group partner on supply chain IT solution for cell and gene therapies
- Almac Group extends personalised cancer vaccine production facilities
- Cobra Biologics appoints Dr Darrell Sleep as Director of Innovation
- Phico Therapeutics appoints financial director and two non-executive directors
- Evonetix appoints Stephanie Brooking as Head of Product Management
- Bio-Rad publishes new findings on generation and characterisation of drug-target-complex-specific antibodies
- Expedeon licenses Lightning-Link rapid biotinylation technology to Cell Guidance Systems