Cell therapy-dedicated CDMO MaSTherCell SA has opened a new 600 sq m production wing at its site in Belgium. The expansion of the plant will provide the company with five additional state-of-the-art late-stage and commercially-ready cleanrooms. The new wing has been designed with an ‘agility-by-design’ approach, allowing MaSTherCell’s clients adaptable clinical vs commercial segregation and cleanroom surface optimisation for both isolation of certain parts of the facility and doubling of cleanroom size on demand.
Each cleanroom of the new production wing is 30 sq m in area, with an independent HVAC system to ensure full autonomy and independent maintenance management. The new wing also adds further capabilities including two development laboratories, one quality control laboratory and additional warehousing.
For further information about MaSTherCell visit www.masthercell.com
Latest from Tom Mulligan
- EVENT PREVIEW: CPhI North America opens next week!
- NEW BUSINESS: SK biotek and AMPAC Fine Chemicals have ambitious CDMO plans
- NEW TECHNOLOGY: Polyplus-transfection develops GMP-grade therapeutic virus reagent
- Mogrify raises $3.7 million seed funding to support direct cellular conversion for cell therapy
- Owlstone Medical partners with Shanghai Renji Hospital to pioneer Breath Biopsy lung cancer trial
- Chemspace and LabNetwork collaborate to extend access to chemical databases
- TECHNOLOGY UPDATE: Catalent invests over $27 million to commercialise next-generation ODT Zydis Ultra
- SGS reports successful Phase 2 results for novel influenza vaccine, validating its H3N2 A/Belgium challenge agent
- NEW TECHNOLOGY: Horizon Discovery and Rutgers University develop new gene editing approach: ‘base editing’
- EVENT REVIEW: Busy sessions at BIO-Europe Spring!